The Zhongzheng District is often considered to be the government home of Taipei, as this is the home of many government homes and offices, including the Presidential Office and the Judicial Yuann, among many others. The district itself is named after Chiang Kai-shek, a former President of the Republic of China, and one of the locations that is very popular with tourists to this area is the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, which, as its name suggests, was erected in Kai-shek’s honor.
Away from the many government buildings, there is also a huge number of ministries in the Zhongzheng District. These include the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of the Interior and many more. There are also a number of historic sites that you might find yourself making a bee-line for during your stay in the Zhongzheng District. These include the Taipei City Walls, which are over one hundred years old, the 228 Peace Memorial Park and Treasure Hill. If you haven’t soaked up a sufficient amount of culture then head to the National Theater and Concert Hall, the Insect Science Museum or the National Central Library, while you can learn about the history of Taiwan, and the city of Taipei, in the National Museum of History.
This is a great place to begin your Taipei adventure, and as we will discover there are some fantastic hotels in this district that can act as a base for your holiday to this great city.
Caesar Park Taipei
- Airport Shuttle? Yes — The airport shuttle connects to the main International Airport in the city.
- Free WiFi? Yes — Free high-speed internet is available throughout the Caesar Park Taipei hotel.
- Pool? No — There are saunas, massage facilities and more on offer though.
- Fitness Center? No
- Restaurants? Yes — Guests can feast at both the Checkers restaurant and the Tiffany restaurant at all hours of the day.
- Near Public Transport? Yes — It is just a short walk from the Taipei Railway Station and many other public transport connections.
One of the many highlights of the 5-star Caesar Park Taipei hotel is the check-in and check-out times. The city-wide average is 3:00pm and 12:00pm respectively, but at the Caesar Park Taipei guests can check-in anytime after 12:00pm, and they can check-out anytime before 1:00pm, which gives guests much more time to sort themselves out in the morning and means that they don’t need to wait around after their flight lands on the day of their arrival.
Other highlights include a tour desk that can arrange day trips, point guests to the best attractions and more; a massage service that can help guests to relax and unwind after a long day of sightseeing; a dry-cleaning and laundry service; a ballroom for those seeking to arrange a classy dance; and conferencing rooms for those with business to conduct. This hotel is ideal for business travelers and for leisure travelers. Their onsite restaurant serves breakfast, dinner and supper options, and there is an array of food choices available that can suit any palate.
The Cosmos Hotel offers some of the best 4-star accommodation you will find in Taipei, and the best you will find in this district. The hotel goes out of its way to give guests everything they could need for an enjoyable holiday, and inside the hotel you will find a coffee bar, a hair salon, massage facilities and a 24-hour front desk that is staffed with attentive and knowledgable staff.
- Airport Shuttle? Yes
- Free WiFi? Yes — Free internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- Pool? No — One of the very few faults that this hotel has.
- Fitness Center? Yes — Equipped with strength and cardio equipment.
- Restaurants? Yes — The Shanghai restaurant serves food throughout the day and is also where guests enjoy their daily breakfast.
- Near Public Transport? Yes — There are bus stations and train stations within walking distance, along with a Metro station.
There are 225 rooms at the Cosmos Hotel, but this is a highly rated and very popular hotel, so if you plan on staying here then make sure you book as soon as you can. As well as all of the basic amenities, all of these rooms have entertainment packages that include televisions, DVD players, on-demand movies and more.
Royal Biz Taipei
The Royal Biz Taipei straddles the line between affordability and luxury. With a business center, conference rooms, a spa, a tour desk and a garden, it also sits on the border between business hotel and leisure hotel. There is not a lot that this hotel doesn’t get right, and that is why it is generally very highly rated with the many travelers who pass through its doors every year.
- Airport Shuttle? Yes
- Free WiFi? Yes
- Pool? No
- Fitness Center? Yes — The onsite fitness center/gym has everything you could need to keep fit on your travels.
- Restaurants? Yes
- Near Public Transport? Yes — The Royal Biz Taipei is within walking distance of a Metro station that will connect you to stations around the city.
The rooms at the Royal Biz Taipei come with complementary bottled water, a television, slippers and bathrobes. There is also a tour desk and a ticket service, making visiting the many attractions in the city easier. The front desk is also open 24-hours a day and the staff are very professional, polite and knowledgeable, so feel free to drop by if you have any questions or are seeking some directions around the district or the city.
Green World Hotel
The Green World Hotel doesn’t tick all of the boxes, as we shall discover below. It is just a 3-star hotel though and many of the things that it lacks are not very common in such establishments. People that stay in 3-star hotels do not typically ask for fitness centers and airport shuttles, they want simple and inexpensive accommodation that is ideally located, and the Green World Hotel is exactly that.
- Airport Shuttle? No
- Free WiFi? Yes — Internet access is available throughout the Green World Hotel.
- Pool? No
- Fitness Center? No
- Restaurants? Yes — Guests can enjoy meals throughout the day, including a breakfast served in the morning.
- Near Public Transport? Yes — There is a Railway Station and a Bus Station nearby.
The Green World Hotel is a short walk from public transport, as mentioned above, but it is also next to a number of attractions, as listed at the beginning of this article. As its rooms are only a fraction of the price of some of the bigger, grander and more luxurious hotels in the city, it might be just what you are looking for. This is one of the best 3-star hotels in the city of Taipei, and it is probably the best one in this district.